[Winpcap-users] WinPCAP packets capture delay..

Alimjan Kuramshin alimjankuramshin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 08:22:01 PDT 2010

Hello, Gianluca!

> Can you send me a capture file taken with wireshark when you generate let's
> say 100000 packets from your hardware transmitter? Please specify what is
> the exact timestamp difference that the packets have at the transmission
> side).
>
> Have a nice day
> GV

I've done the test and here is the results: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b39ec4g/n/alimjan_kuramshin_winpcap_test.zip

The best results i've got under Windows 7 (NDIS 6.20) + Wireshark 1.4.0 + WinPCAP 4.1.2. Using 'silent' capture mode, e.g. do not update Wireshark log window at live time.
Unfortunately, the pictures from the oscilloscope only for 10 mbit/s. (Lecroy 314 the only one that i've access to).
But the big one Lecroy is not available at the moment :( and i don't when my friend might allow me to access to..  But, please, believe me on the
100 mbits/s i've got the same results :(

Many thanks, bye..