[Winpcap-users] List different Access Points (AP), MAC addresses and/or signal strenght

NBK admin at ketefollen.com
Wed Apr 6 10:12:51 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am looking into the winpcap driver since I would like to develop a
location service based on the WiFi signal strength of the different access
points (APs).
I have used the WinPcap just a few, and I know I can gather packets, send
them, list the different interfaces, their addresses, etc.

However, I cannot manage to list all the AP visible to a WiFi adaptor.
I know it is possible to do in Windows, since some apps such as Cain (
oxid.it) are able to do it, and they use WinPcap.
So... I was wondering how could I do this,
Any idea?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
NBK.