[Winpcap-users] Winpcap-users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 8

Gianluca Varenni Gianluca.Varenni at riverbed.com
Mon Apr 11 17:12:45 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: winpcap-users-bounces at winpcap.org [mailto:winpcap-users-bounces at winpcap.org] On Behalf Of "Fish" (David B. Trout)
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 11:47 PM
To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
Subject: Re: [Winpcap-users] Winpcap-users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 8

The problem only occurs if I use the same CreateFile HANDLE that PacketOpenAdapter created, and then call BIOCSETEVENTHANDLE myself directly to associate a completely different event handle for that open instance.
Then and ONLY then would it cause a problem.

But as long as I do my own CreateFile to obtain my own HANDLE, then I can do BIOCSETEVENTHANDLE all I want an it would NOT impact the other Packet APIs at all.

--GV--
This is the case I was talking about. If you call CreateFile and then BIOCSETEVENTHANDLE you are ok.