[Winpcap-users] pcap_setfilter on 64 bit Windows

Monroe Comstock monroe at inventivelabs.com
Fri Apr 22 11:56:10 PDT 2011

Hello all,

When running WinPcap in 32 bit mode everything seems to run just fine.
However if I recompile for 64 bit, my code works up to the point that I set
the filter.

Compiling the filter is fine.  However when I set the filter I get:

Ex: Pcap Error (pcap_setfilter): -1 - Message: Driver error: cannot set bpf
filter: Invalid access to memory location. (998)

Is there something I am doing incorrectly?  Or should I report this as a
bug?

Im running Win7 64 bit with WinPcap 4.1.2

Thanks,

Monroe