[Winpcap-users] Injecting UDP Broadcast packets

Engin AYDOGAN engin at bzzzt.biz
Wed Jul 20 00:35:03 PDT 2011

Hello,

I've used winpcap to simulate an ethernet interface for my firmware which
I've ported to run on x86 rather than bare metal.

It worked quite painlessly. My device answer to UDP broadcast messages, I
see them, and connect their admin console via TCP. But it looks like DHCP
DISCOVER UDP broadcast messages are not working. I see the packets are
placed on the interface in Wireshark. But I don't get reply to them, also I
don't see those messages on another laptop on the same subnet too.

Any ideas ?

Engin