[Winpcap-users] problems with determining port numbering of PCI cards

rajath kumara rajathkumara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 23:45:39 PDT 2011

Hi ,

I am working with ostinato for past 1 week, and found it great.
currently i'm facing problems with port numbering, right now i have 6
ports( 4 D-link ethernet adapters and 2 Netgear , Ethernet PCI
adapter ) . when i connect  cables , ports are getting connected ( im
able to transmit, receicve the frames ), but problem is, I'm not able
to figure out the way port numbers are assigned.

for example , like i mentioned i have 6 ports now, when i connect a
cable to last port , port 3 is activated, if i connect cable to 1st
port in my system, port 2 gets activated in ostinato.

kindly help me , to figure out the port numbering (i'm right now stuck
with ostinato) :( :(