[Winpcap-users] how to capture ieee 802.11 frame in the client computer connected in ad hoc network using winpcap 4.1.2

suad alasady suad_alasady at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 00:55:10 PDT 2011

dear all
i'm MSC student in Iraq,university of Babylon, my problem in the scope of security in wireless network (ad hoc network),  i made an ad hoc network in my house, i want to capture the ieee 802.11 data frame in order to modify some fields of it by the client node  , and then send it to the server node ,the server node must analyze the frame in order to extract the modified information and then send a message to the client to arrive this information.
 I'm a new in winpcap programming , so please i want to know
 1- how can i do that?i.e. how can i capture the ieee 802.11 frame?
 2- what is the structure of the ieee 802.11 frame in c/c++? and where i should add it?
 3- i have winpcap 4.1.2 , is this version support the wireless ?and is this version
 work on windows xp ?
 with my great thanks
suad alasady, university of Babylon ,Iraq