[Winpcap-users] Interaction between winpcap applications

Сергей Мещерин sergey.metcherin at gmail.com
Thu May 5 04:02:18 PDT 2011

Good day, colleagues!

Can you explain me, what interaction between two running WinPcap
applications?

My problem:

I have simple WinPcap application. It works well under low and medium
network load but on high network load it becomes to lose packets. The most
wonderful thing is when I launch Wireshark, start capturing and after that
launch my application, my app works perfectly well.

I've inspected Wireshark code, and, as I can understand, in Windows it opens
network device by

pcap_open_live (device->name, 65535, 1, 250, errbuf)

I've tried to open device in exactly the same way in my app, but it's still
show poor performance without launched Wireshark. So could you advice me,
how cah I raise my app performance to level when it launched simultaneosly
with Wireshark?

--
Best regards, Metcherin Sergey.