[Winpcap-users] Problems with running WinPCap on a virtual PC

Jens Munk j.munk at maccor.com
Thu Nov 3 15:13:25 PDT 2011

Carlos, Mark,

Sorry about that. The host PC is a Windows 7 64 bit professional, and
the virtualization is Microsoft's Windows Virtual PC with WinXP. More
specifically, it is the "Windows XP Mode with Virtual PC" package you
can download directly from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

MAC addresses of virtual and physical network adapters: I was unaware
that they would be different, and I would have to investigate this.
However, should the virtualization machine take care of this?

Thanks again. I really hope you can help me with this one,

Jens.

Jens,
what virtualization engine are you using to run the VM ?

-Carlos