[Winpcap-users] Missing Packets when Application captures from Network

Black, Michael (IS) Michael.Black2 at ngc.com
Tue Feb 21 05:00:12 PST 2012

Are you writing to a remote share file when running from there?

Or do you mean remote desktop?

I can't imagine why it would make any difference to pcap as to what file system it came from.

I also can't imagine why you would see packets from the application LOCATION and not the host RUNNING the app.

I can imagine remote desktop causing problems.

You should be able to make a small demo program that the rest of us can test?

You also realize that if you are on a switch instead of a hub you won't see any other network traffic?  Unless you have a monitoring port you can plug in to?

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

Advanced Analytics Directorate

Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit

Northrop Grumman Information Systems