[Winpcap-users] Windows 7 Pro x64 RE Install Fails

Fish" (David B. Trout fish at infidels.org
Thu Jan 5 16:45:03 PST 2012

Fred Marshall wrote:

> This problem persists and I've not found a solution.
> Is there any way to install WinPcap on Windows 7 x64???

I've installed it many times on my Windows 7 x64 system without any problem
whatsoever. So have many others. There is obviously something unique about
your particular system that you need to figure out.

Did you perchance change the permissions of your system drive (the Program
Files directory)? Or change the permissions of your Registry? Did you maybe
disable some critical Windows service or something? Have you tried
COMPLETELY uninstalling your anti-virus? (just as a test)

You (or someone else) obviously changed something on your system to prevent
the installation of WinPCap from succeeding, and you need to figure out what
that something was.

--
"Fish" (David B. Trout)
 fish at softdevlabs.com