[Winpcap-users] Timestamping

Sašo Piskar saso.piskar at dewesoft.si
Mon Oct 8 03:20:37 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am writing program to sniff ethernet packets.
With "pcap_next_ex" I nomally get the timestamp of the packet.
As I understand, timestamps are calculated with queryperformancecounter in
the winpcap driver.

I need to synchronize those packets to some other clock (external device)
to fix time drift problem.
If I just use timestamp of received packet, this is actually time when
packet came to computer. I would also need to get current time (as precise
as possible) in order to be able to synchronize packet timestamp with
external clock.

Is there any way to get current clock from winpcap driver?

Best Regards,
Sašo