[Winpcap-users] I can not capture my fortiClient interface

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 4 01:58:54 PDT 2013

On Apr 3, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Ulas Yuce <ulasyuce at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Windows 7 ... FortiClient create a PPP interface

	http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-5

"Windows Vista and more recent.
It's not possible to capture on PPP/VPN connections on these operating systems."

So, no, you can't capture on your FortiClient interface on your Windows 7 machine; that's an inherent limitation of WinPcap, at least as it's currently implemented.  I don't know how difficult it'd be to change it to support those interfaces; it might require that its kernel-mode code be changed to a different type of driver, such as a lightweight filter driver (if even *that* would make it work).