[Winpcap-users] solaris snoop file

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 30 00:00:48 PDT 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 10:17 PM, Chintan Bhatt <cbhatt at thebeastapps.com> wrote:

> I have opened solaris snoop file using winpcap lib.

What program did you use?  (If it's Wireshark, it was *NOT* opened using WinPcap!  Wireshark has its *OWN* library for reading capture files, which *IS* capable of reading snoop files, as well as pcap files, pcap-ng files, and a number of other capture file types.)

> It's opened !!!!!!!!!.
>
> I have seen that snoop has different packet capture file format,
>
> how winpcap able to read ??

It's *not* able to read it, unless you have some special version of WinPcap.  Something else must have happened.  (For example, if you read it with Wireshark, something else happened - as indicated above, it was read with Wireshark's Wiretap library, *NOT* with WinPcap.)