[Winpcap-users] Help with the WinPCap error handling

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 23 03:31:14 PDT 2013

On Jul 23, 2013, at 3:16 AM, "Sebastian Klein" <Klein_Sebastian at gmx.de> wrote:

> Do you mean I should create a new function for activate_op

Yes, in the same way that it's done for TurboCap adapters:

	if (IsTcDevice(p) == TRUE)
	{
		p->activate_op = TcActivate;
	}
	else
	{
	p->activate_op = pcap_activate_win32;
	}

(IsTcDevice() is a function in pcap-tc.c that looks at the device name, as stored in p->opt.source, to see if it's a TurboCap device name or not).

> To update WinPCap I first have to upload it to libpcap?

You can either

	1) send it to the WinPcap developers (of which I am not one)

or

	2) send it to the libpcap developers and wait for WinPcap to come out with a release based on a recent version of libpcap (which will require some work to make the remote-device code work in libpcap).