[Winpcap-users] capture differences between Linux system and Windows with winpcap

Fri Oct 25 15:53:54 UTC 2013

On Friday, October 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Newlon, Phil wrote:
> I have found that this is machine specific (new Dell Latitude E6420).  I do not
> have the same issue with an older Dell D630....  Same results with built-in
> interface and with TrendNet USB->ethernet dongle.  Anyone have thoughts
> on what might be causing this or how to track down the cause?

It sounds like the windows drivers for the wired Ethernet are somehow auto-detecting duplex or link speed incorrectly and this setting you up for the errors which you notice.

You may want to try various combinations of hard setup values to prove this issue right or wrong.

Good Luck,

- Mark Pizzolato