[Winpcap-users] winpcap alternatives

Giulio Marescotti giulio.marescotti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 15:22:37 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,

  I am developing a software to manipulate traffic in real-time,
that is adding/removing a suffix to every packets out-coming/incoming the PC
and performing other activities. The packets manipulated should
serve applications transparently, that is as they were coming from NIC
driver directly.

  I prepared a test environment with a prototype, written on Linux Platform,
to perform traffic stress test using *libpcap*
and a virtual interface with *TUN/TAP* on which is connected my stress
test application.

  I noticed some performance limitation with packet losses (confirmed
reading some papers on this issues),
I was wondering if there are any alternatives (free or commercial) which
can help me to get better results.

For Linux I know of *PF_RING*, but there is no version for Windows.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

thank you,

Giulio