[Winpcap-users] winpcap alternatives

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:53:34 UTC 2014

>> 2) NMap's WinPcap.
>>
>> I think they have a fork of WinPcap that's getting updates, unlike the
>> main one.
>
> No, they use a fork of *libpcap* which is way behind the officilal libpcap
> at tcpdump.org.

All I know is that on one of the nmap mailing lists -- perhaps 6 months
or more current -- there was recent activity about getting it to work on
recent builds of Windows (Win7 or Win8), whereas at the same time people
were on the winpcap list complaining about lack of any activity. So I
still think that they might have some Windows code that works better
with the current NDIS stack than current Winpcap trunk.

Sorry, don't have time to research it for you further.