[Winpcap-users] strange filtering issue

Black, Mike (IS) Michael.Black2 at ngc.com
Thu May 1 22:09:02 UTC 2014

Are you sure you're looking at the correct output file?
What you're describing works for me:

I did this:
windump -s 0 -C100 -w test -W 40 -i 2 host !192.168.1.1

And did a ping and a web port request to it while running...

Then I do this...note that the filename is test00
windump -r test00 host 192.168.1.1
reading from file test00, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet)

And no packets are shown.

Michael D. Black
Senior Scientist
Analytics, Production and Services