[Winpcap-users] Windows 8 User bridge

Chris Thomas chris.thomas at idappcom.com
Wed Nov 26 17:19:34 UTC 2014

I've been doing something similar, and I also had a problem with
PCAP_OPENFLAG_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL not working.
I gave up in the end, assuming that it was a feature that my NIC
couldn't implement, and I had to create a workaround with some BPF
filters instead.

Chris.

On 26/11/2014 15:41, Nuno Antonio Dias Ferreira wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a program which is a user level bridge. I use Winpcap framework
> to do that and it works fine on windows xp and windows 7 however I
> windows 8 I have a problem:
>
> When I send anything to the network my problem stay in loop sending
> the same frame. I research a little bit and I found that last year
> winpcap just had a problem with the PCAP_OPENFLAG_NOCAPTURE_LOCAL
> flag, but it is now fixed. Can anyone help me with this?
>
> */Thanks/*
>
> */[NF] Nuno Ferreira/*

*Chris Thomas*
Chief Technical Officer - Idappcom Ltd

      *Watch the video series for our latest software "The Easy Rules
      Manager (Snort)"
      <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzel4u3CGsQmgncCtfKq4lA>*

Office: +44(0)203-355-6804 x 4201 - Fax: +44(0)203-393-9950
Web: *www.idappcom.com <http://www.idappcom.com>* and
*www.ipssecurityrules.co.uk <http://www.ipssecurityrules.co.uk>*
Mail: Idappcom Ltd, 6 Rural Enterprise Centre, Eco Park Road, Ludlow,
Shropshire, SY8 1FF, UK.

idappcom ltd

          Registered in England No. 06829932. 11 Welbeck Street, London,
          W1G 9XZ

          IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail and
          attachment (if any) is intended for the person to whom it is
          addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
          information. The contents of this message may contain personal
          views which are not the views of Idappcom Ltd, unless
          specifically stated. You should not copy, retain, forward or
          disclose its contents to anyone else, or take any action based
          upon it, if it is not addressed to you personally. If you have
          received this e-mail in error please contact the sender
          immediately.