[Winpcap-users] Using winpcap to spoof source IP

Gheorghe Marinca gheorghe.marinca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:45:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am using *pcap_sendpacket()
<https://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs_40_2/html/group__wpcapfunc.html#g51dbda0f1ab9da2cfe49d657486d50b2>
*as
soon as I detect (after tcp connection was just established) that I need to
reset a particular tcp connection  by sending an appropriate tcp RST
segment to the connection initiator.

This "usually" seems to work, but I've seen cases on different environments
where that single segment injection seems to take longer than necessary
(RST segment ended up being injected long after that was initiated).
Is there  a way to use winpcap to "reliably" inject spoofed packets ? A way
to control the delay from when I initiate sendpacket() to the actual point
in time where the packet is actually sent ?

Regards,
-Ghita