[Winpcap-users] Npcap 0.04, based on original WinPcap 4.1.3, call for test

Tue Sep 1 00:02:03 UTC 2015

Hi Yang,

Thanks for doing this.

I have 2 comments and one bug/issue.

Comments:

1)      Windows XP and Vista systems are still somewhat common.  It would be great if the installer could be setup to install the original WinPcap binaries on these platforms.  Then there could be a single pcap installer for all Windows platforms.

2)      The Administrator mode is a good enhancement.  It would be nice if a middle position (between completely open and completely admin) were available for some environments.  Maybe membership in a paritular security group….

Bug/Issue:

With the Npcap package installed, I was unable to map a shared folder for a system on my LAN which had worked previously.   Uninstalling the Npcap package immediately allowed access to the shared folder on the other system.

Maybe you want to enable ‘issues’ in the github repository to track things like this.

Thanks again.

-          Mark Pizzolato