[Winpcap-users] Npcap 0.04, based on original WinPcap 4.1.3, call for test

Pascal Quantin pascal.quantin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:50:55 UTC 2015

> On Sep 10, 2015, at 12:31 AM, Petr Lázňovský <lazna at volny.cz> wrote:
>
> > Just install this version of SW and it destroy almost whole content of
> %PATH% variable on my system. I had about 30 paths there, but after install
> only 3 paths (one of them is npcap path). No change after system reboot,
> windows 7/64bit. Anyone have similar experience?
>
> That's probably a problem with the installer - perhaps, instead of
> *adding* the Npcap path to %PATH%, leaving all the existing directories
> intact, it's *replacing* %PATH% with a setting that includes the Npcap path.

I tested numerous versions of Npcap and never faced such issue: my %PATH%
environment variable stayed as before.
Did you untick the 'Install Npcap in WinPcap API-compatible Mode' option?
When looking quickly at the installer code, it seems to be the only thing
that could touch the %PATH% variable (Yang will confirm). And even when
playing with this option mine did not get damaged so far.

Pascal.