[Winpcap-users] Npcap 0.04, based on original WinPcap 4.1.3, call for test

食肉大灰兔V5 hsluoyz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:44:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

The first reason I think is that the original WinPcap uses the NSIS
installer, as Npcap tries to keep as much as possible with WinPcap, Npcap
also uses NSIS. Moreover, Nmap also uses NSIS. As for why don't use MSI, I
think this is because open-source projects (like WinPcap, Npcap, etc) tend
to not use commercial software (like MSI). There should be some reasons
about this.

Cheers,
Yang