[Winpcap-users] Windows 10 support for WinPcap

Sven Kerschbaum svkers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:30:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

is there already effort for getting WinPcap ready for Windows 10? As Pascal
Quantin already pointed out WinPcap does not run on Windows 10 due to the
fact that the WinPcap driver is not an NDIS 6 driver. Please find more
information here:
http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/winpcap-users/2015-March/004936.html

Searching the internet I found a port of the WinPcap driver to NDIS 6 which
has been done by Daiyuu Nobori . Unfortunately, the sources are licensed
under GPL and not BSD-like the original WinPcap. Furthermore, I did not
found any references about the quality of this port and about the roadmap?
Will it be maintained in future or was it just a kind of proof of concept?
Find more information here: http://www.win10pcap.org/

I would prefer to use an official release from WinPcap... Does anyone know
more about the WinPcap roadmap? What is the current state?

Best regards,
SK