[Winpcap-users] Winpcap stops forwarding packets

Lasse Thorbro-Steenberg lthorbrosteenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:17:59 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have been using winpcap successfully on a windows server 2008 R2 for a
number of years now.
The application runs 24/7 and captures from a 200 mbit/s data flow.
I have found that after a few weeks of running, the library stops
forwarding packets.
If I start a wireshark session on the same server it also shows no packets
from the interface.
Only if I stop my server application and reset (disable/enable) the
specific NIC port, is it possible to restore operations.
It is possible this is a HP 331 4 port NIC card issue, but I wanted to
start here and see if anyone else has had this issue.
My concern is that as the data rate increases on the interface, this might
start happening more often.

Thanks,
Lasse