[Winpcap-users] Cannot get npf to start

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Sun Mar 12 17:24:03 GMT 2006

Uhm, do you have any idea what this "generic packet interpreter" is(the name
is quite misleading, especially in the hidden list of devices in the Device
manager)?

Can you please perform these two steps?

1. check that you have a file named npf.sys under
c:\windows\system32\drivers and check the version number of this file
(right-click, Properties, Version tab).
2. use the bug report procedure explained at http://www.winpcap.org/bugs.htm
and send all the files (*including* the .reg ones) to either me directly, or
to winpcap-bugs at winpcap.org.

Hope it helps