winpcap-bugs mailing list can be used to report bugs in WinPcap. The bug
reports are handled by the WinPcap developers in a FIFO way, when
they have some free time. Therefore, don't worry if you don't
receive an immediate answer: we don't discard any message on winpcap-bugs, it just takes some time.
winpcap-bugs Mailing List
In Order to Report a Bug, Follow This Procedure
- Check the download page to see if you have installed the most recent version.
- Read the FAQ to be sure that your system and adapter are supported.
At this point, the following is the procedure to report the problem. In this way we will be able to locate the problem more easily and give you a better and faster help.
- We provide a
packet.dllvariant with some advanced debugging features, download the proper version for your system.
NOTE: please use the x64 build of the DLL only if your application is a native x64 application. WinDump.exe is a 32bit application (i.e. x86) even on 64bit systems
- Download WinDump and copy the new DLL in the same folder of WinDump.exe.
windump -D, with capital D, from a command prompt.
- The file
winpcap_debug.txtwill be created in the same directory. Under Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Win7/2008R2/Win8/2012,
npf.regwill be created too. Zip these files (if available the 2nd and the 3rd too) and attach them to a message containing the description of the problem.
- Be sure to specify in the message:
- the WinPcap version
- the output of
- the OS platform (Windows NT4, 2000...) and type (home, professional, x86 or x64,...)
- the network adapter(s) installed on the machine (type and model)
- The list of all the special networking software, such as firewalls and VPN clients, that are installed on the machine.
- the problem you are encountering (possibly with the steps on how to reproduce it)
- Send the message to winpcap-bugs [at] winpcap.org.