[pcap-ng-format] More issues for pcapng draft

Michael Tuexen tuexen at wireshark.org
Sun Aug 23 07:32:26 UTC 2015

> On 23 Aug 2015, at 00:37, Hadriel Kaplan <the.real.hadriel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> I've opened some issues on the github repo, but Guy suggested I take
> them to this list since it's likely not everyone is watching the repo.
> (but it's so exciting to watch! ;)
>
> So I'll be sending separate emails shortly with the separate issues.
>
> In case you're curious what the latest pcapng draft looks like at any
> given time, you can got to http://xml2rfc.ietf.org, and put
> "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pcapng/pcapng/master/draft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml"
> in the URL input field, select the output style you'd like (e.g.,
> HTML), and click Submit.
>
> Or if you are on a system with curl, you can do this in a terminal
> (this is all one line):
>
> curl --data "url=https%3A%2F%2Fraw.githubusercontent.com%2Fpcapng%2Fpcapng%2Fmaster%2Fdraft-tuexen-opsawg-pcapng.xml&mode=html&format=ascii&type=ascii&Submit=Submit"
> http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi > tmp.html; open tmp.html
>
> ...which gets the transformed doc as HTML, saves it to tmp.html, and opens it.
Dear all,

I would really like to have only a single place where the document lives.
I'm fine with doing it at github. But can we then get rid of the repo mentioned in
http://www.winpcap.org/pipermail/pcap-ng-format/2012-July/000043.html

Using the issue tracker is nice. Why not setup the repo that changes in
the repo and issue tracker are reported to this list?

Best regards
Michael