[pcap-ng-format] Issue #24: Need to specify the IDB if_tzone option format

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 24 16:57:53 UTC 2015

On Aug 24, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Hadriel Kaplan <the.real.hadriel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently the IDB if_tzone option is declared but not specified.
>
> Proposal: make it a signed int32 for number of seconds West of UTC.

...at the time that the IDB is inserted into the file, or when daylight savings time/summer time is not in effect?

(For example, it's currently 16:57 UTC and 09:57 on the US West Coast at the time I'm typing this, for an offset of 7 hours, but if it were a few months later, it would be an offset of 8 hours.)