[pcap-ng-format] Issue #23: Need to determine how to assign new Block Types/Option Codes in future

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Aug 24 19:15:02 UTC 2015

If OPSAWG is willing to take the work on, then that is the lowest friction
path.   If they aren't, an AD sponsorship could occur.

Going the individual submission path will result in the following:
  1) RFC editor will ask IESG if this conflicts with some work that
     is already occuring...
  2) OPS Area Directors will ask OPSAWG chairs if they had declined
     working on it or not...
  3) some other WG could think it involves them and spend time reviewing.

So if you go individual submission, let the OPSAWG chairs know ahead of time!

{from someone who knows way too much about IETF politics...
/me IETF nomcom 2002,2012,2013, nomcom chair 2014.}