[pcap-ng-format] GitHub repository

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 27 19:24:22 UTC 2015

On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:36 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I've written myself a nice Howto GitHub, which I'm willing to share.
> Not sure if there's interest, and/or, where to put it.
> PS: It's written for a Linux environment.

Command-line, browser, GUI tool/IDE?

If command-line, does that mean "it uses command-line tools that are part of GNU packages that aren't in other UN*Xes", or does it mean "it uses command-line tools" :-), in which case it's probably more "written for a UN*X environment"?

If browser, does it depend on quirks of browsers common on Linux but not other UN*Xes (and does that really mean "common if you have a free-software desktop, but not on OS X")?

If GUI tool/IDE, does it use IDEs present on Linux but not other UN*Xes (and see previous parenthetical note)?

I.e., is it really *Linux*-specific, or is it something that should work on any UN*X with the usual command-line tools plus Git?