[Winpcap-announce] Future of WinPcap

Gianluca Varenni Gianluca.Varenni at riverbed.com
Sun Feb 10 11:48:08 PST 2013

As most of you know, the WinPcap project has been pretty much silent for quite some time: no releases, no emails from its developers, no announcements. For the past 2 years, we've been extremely busy transitioning from the CACE startup environment to the much bigger reality of Riverbed. This transition has been an exciting and rewarding experience, but has limited the amount of free time for WinPcap updates.

So what's the future of WinPcap? While we haven't done much recently, it's our intention to catch up on the support side by being more active in responding to the emails of our users, and to catch up on the development side as well. While we cannot say with certainty when the next release will be available, it will happen soon. Priority #1 is support for Windows 8.

Gianluca Varenni
WinPcap Team