[Winpcap-users] winpcap 3.1 and nmap

Ganga Bhavani GBhavani at everdreamcorp.com
Tue Aug 16 19:04:04 GMT 2005

I'm using winpcap with nmap. I had experienced problem with winpcap 3.1 beta 4 throwing windows  error saying "nmap has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
 on some of the windows XP systems. While debugging,  I had found that this problem was caused at CoUninitialize()  in wanpacket.cpp. I couldn't debug further.

Now I upgraded winpcap to the latest winpcap3.1. I still experience the same problem. Any clue?

Thanks,
Ganga