[Winpcap-users] GetAdaptersInfo, a little bit off-topic

Michal Szostakiewicz creed at tls.pl
Tue Dec 6 15:50:31 GMT 2005

Hey guys,

This is a little bit off-topic, but I think some of you may know the
answer and I hope you won't kill me.

I've got a problem using GetAdaptersInfo from IPHelper. Sometimes it gives
info that is different from that given by "ipconfig" [usually on
Windows98].

Is there any other way to get IP adress and DHCP server? [other than
parsing ipconfig's output]

BTW, I need this data to determine if I'm connected with Internet or not
[ie. to check if DHCP server is not 255.255.255.255].

greetz,
creed