[Winpcap-users] We are waitting for release of winpcap3.1!

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:35:44 GMT 2005

Hi Le.

A lot of people are asking for the release of WinPcap 3.1. We are aware
of that.

We are ready to release WinPcap 3.1; the problem is that WinPcap is
based, at user level, on libpcap, and we were planning to ship WinPcap
3.1 with libpcap 0.9 (since now we are aligned to that version of
libpcap), that was supposed to be out several weeks ago, and instead
it's still in a sort of "alpha" stage (= there's an "alpha" version
released in April, and then several patches were committed after that).

Since libpcap 0.9 seems to be late, our plans are to release WinPcap 3.1
by mid-July, with or without libpcap 0.9 (i.e. using a daily,
unversioned, snapshot of libpcap). This is the best we can do (if you
follow the libpcap mailing list, you may have seen the mails we have
sent them to ask for the release of libpcap).

Have a nice day

Gianluca Varenni
on behalf of the WinPcap Team.