[Winpcap-users] Delay in receiving packets

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 03:39:42 GMT 2005

20 - 30 seconds is a lot of time, and normally happens if you have a lot
of data in the kernel buffer. This is 99% caused by the fact that your
application is a lot slower than the incoming traffic.

There are ways to improve the responsiveness of the driver (mintocopy,
read timeout...), but my feeling is that you should just try to improve
the efficiency of your code, or check if you have macroscopic
synchronization problems.

Loris