[Winpcap-users] Out-going TCP/IP checksums

Quinton Tormanen quintont at deltacompsys.com
Fri Jun 3 14:54:06 GMT 2005

I am using the direct Packet interface (e.g. PacketReceivePacket), and I
have found that the vast majority of TCP/IP packets being sent out by
the PC running packet show up with invalid TCP header checksums.  I am
running on Windows 2K, SP4 and the interface I am monitoring is a 3COM
Ethernet card.

I am assuming that the invalid checksums are not actually getting out
onto the wire, but instead has something to do with when the checksums
are computed.  Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Quinton Tormanen
Software Engineer
Delta Computer Systems, Inc.
http://www.deltacompsys.com