[Winpcap-users] trying to interface a generic 802.11abg with ethereal( windows) using prism header

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 19:06:56 GMT 2005

I don't understand well what you are doing. You talk about modifying the
sources of a driver. Which driver? NPF? The wirless card miniport? (are
there wireless NIC driver sources for Windows available around?)

In order to send raw 802.11 frames, you will probably have to bypass
NDIS completely, and talk with your NIC driver directly. You may have to
add to the NIC driver a custom I/O interface for the applications too.

Loris