[Winpcap-users] Out-going TCP/IP checksums

Hadriel Kaplan HKaplan at acmepacket.com
Fri Jun 3 16:43:15 GMT 2005

You mean you see them for packets you're transmitting?  If it's a 3Com
mini-port driver-based one with tcp-offload capabilities, windows will
calculate the one's complement of the pseudo-header in the TCP checksum
field, to give the driver/NIC a starting point. (the driver/NIC then adds
onto it the TCP header and payload checksum, and complements it).  So you
will see a checksum of the pseudo-header only which the NIC/driver will
overwrite.  But on the receive side you should see the real one I think.
-hadriel