[Winpcap-users] RE: Bogus IP Header

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 17:30:42 GMT 2005

Guy,

Guy Harris wrote:
> Sanjay Badala wrote:
>
> My suspicion is
> that it's the result of the McAfee firewall software (even though it's
> disabled), but I don't know that for sure; perhaps the WinPcap
> developers know something about whether that software is known to cause
> problems for WinPcap.

I'm not able to add information about incompatibilities with McAfee
firewall. We recently fixed a bug in WinPcap that could have caused
packets coming to the tap in two separate buffers instead of one
(several antivirus programs do that) to be wrongly filtered. This,
however, should only cause good packets to be dropped by the driver, not
corruption.

Regarding compatibilities, it would probably be nice to have on
winpcap.org a page like
http://www.micro-logix.com/WinPcap/Supported.asp, but for
firewall/packet filters/VPN software compatibility.

Loris