[Winpcap-users] pcap_freealldevs() causing program crash.

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:33:07 GMT 2005

Eric Hansen wrote:
> No, what I have so far is just all the information stored in arrays, and
> I display that info. after calling freealldevs();

So presumably the information stored in arrays is *copies* of the
information pointed to by the data returned by pcap_findalldevs(),
including *copies* of the strings, with the copies made before calling
pcap_freealldevs(), right?  (If you just copy the pointers, not what
they point to, note that they no longer point to anything valid after
pcap_freealldevs() is called - pcap_freealldevs() frees all the strings.)