[Winpcap-users] associated, but not connected

Michal Szostakiewicz creed at tls.pl
Tue Oct 11 18:08:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> So, you could check whether the interface has an IP address assigned.
> If it has a 169.254.0.0/16 address, or 0.0.0.0, then DHCP has failed,
> and you're probably in that state.  To look at this, you could either
> run ipconfig and try to parse its output,

Yeah, I thought about it as one of first guesses, but it occured to me
that it may bring out some problems - if administrator removed 'ipconfig'
[for any reason] or just blocked it, I've got trouble. Also simple 'using
different Windows language versions' might not be nice.

And also I just though that...

> or you could look into the
> API calls that would be required to find this information out.

...Windows has to do it somehow! :-) Anybody has any idea how?

How can I trace API calls?

greets,
creed