[Winpcap-users] Kernel buffer

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:34:52 GMT 2005

Exactly.

WinPcap is not the only one using the non paged pool.

Just to give you an example, my XP laptop is now using about 28MB of non
paged pool (you can see it on the task manager). Also, 256MB is a
theoretical upper limit on Windows 2000/XP, the actual size is decided by
the OS (there is a reg value to push this limit to 256MB, I don't remember
which one is it).