[Winpcap-users] packet redirection

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 14 01:04:11 GMT 2005

On Sep 13, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Loris Degioanni wrote:

> If you refer to the fact that WinPcap doesn't support filtering
> packets transmitted by itself, I'm currently implementing that
> feature, it will be included in the next version.

"Filtering" presumably meaning "capturing" or "running through the
BPF filter to see whether it *should* capture; WinPcap doesn't allow
an application to "filter" traffic received by the machine by
interposing itself between the network adapter and the rest of the
networking stack (as per other comments in this thread).