[Winpcap-users] Winpcap blocking Internet Connection

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu Apr 6 14:06:08 GMT 2006

Uhm, WinPcap does not require any manual installation/uninstallation.
Basically, if the NPF driver is not running, it does *not* affect the normal
networking operation. So uninstalling WinPcap (with the normal
uninstallation process) is the way to go.

The only weird relation I might think of is Microsoft Network Monitor (MS
NetMon) used to capture from dialup/VPN. WinPcap enables it during
installation, but doesn't disable it during the uninstallation.

Please try this:
1. uninstall winpcap
2. go to control panel, network connections, choose the wired (or wireless)
network connection, properties
3. Go to the general tab, choose "Network Monitor Driver" from the list and
hit "Uninstall".

Tell me if it works or not.

Hope it helps