[Winpcap-users] static WinPcap on mingw

root root at xzziroz.net
Thu Apr 27 17:48:49 GMT 2006

hi folks, i'm in the process of releasing some code to the public that
uses the winpcap library. i'm reaching for the goal of the .exe not
requiring wpcap.dll at runtime. i've tried editing my project makefile
to use the -static parameter, but it seems to have no effect, objdump
still shows an import table for wpcap.dll

I figure if worse comes to worse i'll download wpcap.dll sourcecode and
compile it static into my application, but this is sort of a last
resort as it seems as if it would be some work. also, if i did this
i'd still be short of an ndis wrapper on the clients hardware and
possibly packet code. Any input is appreciated.

--Mike Andrews
http://xzziroz.net