[Winpcap-users] static WinPcap on mingw

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 04:21:36 GMT 2006

1. The easiest way to statically link the winpcap functions, as far as I
know, is to take the sources and change the project to generate a static
library instead of a dll. If you don't need windows-specific functions,
the libpcap subtree (if I remember well) already produces a static
library that you can use.

2. Statically linking wpcap by itself is not a great use: you'll still
need packet.dll (statically linking it is much harder, because there's a
different packet.dll for every Windows OS family) and the driver (that
need to be loaded in the OS before your application runs).

Loris