[Winpcap-users] Multithreaded programming with WinPCap

Marcel van Lieshout marcel at hmcs.nl
Sun Apr 30 15:11:16 GMT 2006

What would be the optimal multi-threading approach? Synchronization on a
single handle or multiple handles from multiple calls to pcap_open_live()?

Is there a way to open an interface for send-only (win32)? If not: Should I
set a filter to drop everything or can I just let the kernelbuffer fill up?

Marcel

Loris Degioanni wrote:
<SNIP>

>> 1. Can i access the same descriptor in different thread without
>> synchronization?
>
> Accessing any kind of handle or descriptor from different threads
> without solid synchronization is evil.

<SNIP>