[Winpcap-users] WinPCAP needed for ALL network connections

Anshuman Aggarwal anshuman at brillgene.com
Sun Apr 30 19:26:24 GMT 2006

GV et all,
 This problem got resolved on its own and I just wanted to provide more
information to all so that we may all learn from it. Please send in your
theories if any.

My computer is on a corporate active directory domain but was not connected
for a few months. This time when I was connected to the domain in my home
office and rebooted, the problem automatically resolved itself and now ALL
connections work.

Furthermore, i was experiencing a problem with incoming ports not being open.
I originally thought it was my ISP but it turned out to be the PC.

I am not sure how the domain login had such a profound affect but could this
be a group policy kind of thing...

Curiously enough, it appears that WinPCAP helped circumvent it
somehow...pretty cool

Thanks,